April 14th, 2012, 10am-2pm.
Fred Hamilton Park – along Shaw St. (south of College St.)
Reuse, Recycle and Safely Dispose
Do your part in creating a cleaner, greener and more liveable Toronto. Bring us your unused and unwanted household items and you will help to:
- Extend the life of a product by offering it to someone for reuse.
- Reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and ensure that it is properly recycled.
- Ensure that hazardous waste materials are disposed of safely.
Products Available – Fees may apply
- Backyard Composter
- Green Bin
- Kitchen Container
Pick up for FREE
- Green Bin and Kitchen Container (with proof of new residency in the last 90 days or in exchange for a damaged bin)
- Leaf Compost (limit of one cubic metre per household)
Drop off for recycling or proper disposal
- Computer Equipment & Peripherals
(e.g., desktops, laptops, hand-held portables, monitors, printing devices, etc.)
- Audio/Visual Equipment & Peripherals
(e.g., telephones, cell phones, pda’s and pagers, cameras, small TVs, radios, receivers, speakers, tuners, equalizers, turntables, projectors, recorders, DVD players and VCRs, etc.)
- Household Hazardous Waste
(e.g., cleaning supplies and solvents, motor oil, paint, batteries, old/unused medication, mercury thermometers/thermostats, pesticides, fluorescent and compact fluorescent bulbs, propane tanks, etc.)
Items donated to local schools for reuse
- Art supplies (e.g. pencils, markers, crayons, etc.)
- Buttons, keys, and collectors’ coins and stamps
- Clipboards, corks and cork boards
- CDs and cases
- Children’s books
- Costume jewelry including broken/old watches and clocks with hands
- Dress-up clothing (e.g. costumes, prom dresses, uniforms, etc.)
- Fabric pieces, yarn
- 35 mm cameras and equipment
Items donated for reuse (please keep separate from others)
- Sporting goods (e.g. skates, and jerseys), etc.
- Medical equipment in good condition (e.g. eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.)
- Small household items (e.g. dishes, ornaments, etc.)
- Textiles in good condition (e.g. clothing, linens, etc.)
- Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
Please do not bring: construction waste, garbage, gasoline, wood, cassette and videotapes, commercial/ industrial hazardous waste and scrap metal.
* Note: You can recycle plastic shopping bags, foam polystyrene, empty paint and empty aerosol cans in your blue bin.