Any photographic printing job requires to bring out the almost-original output of the image or picture on a paper.
In the market today, there are a variety of photo printers available for you. The variance gets based on size, functionality, quality of output, price, memory cards, battery, and LCD screen.
4×6 photo printers come in many essential features that you need to consider before settling on buying one—your decision to buy the best small photo printer if you consider the following factors.
Best 4×6 Photo Printers Buyers Guide
Speed of printing
The speed of printing matters a deal. A photo printer for photographers with the speed to print ten color pages per minute is a standard printer and a better option for you.
Quality of printer
Excellency in printing is key to your photo printing. The 4×6 photo printer you settle for should give quality prints and accommodate the required photo paper without flaws.
OCS Scanner software
The optical character recognition software that converts printed characters into the digital text should be considered when looking for a quality 4×6 photo printer.
The best 4×6 photo printer should provide the absolute number of pages printed per given time.
All prints should be quality throughout the printing period without breaking down. The life span of the photo printer should be accounted for while buying this photographic printer.
Cost of replacing ink
The best small photo printer should be efficient enough to use ink-efficient cartridges.
Buy a photo printer that has the most extended-lasting ink cartridges. Besides, the ink-efficient cartridges will cut the cost of replacing ink.
Size and portability
Printing photos outside your home requires a gadget that is compatible with the environment.
A lighter photo printer will work well for you. However, if you plan to work in the comfort of your home, there are heavy gadgets that still offer the required output.
Depending on your work station’s environment, choose a photo printer that best suits you, and you will enjoy the output. However, the size of your photo printer should not compromise the quality of your photos.
Additionally, the size on paper on which you prefer to print helps you decide on the printer’s best option. Consider buying a printer that best suits your paper options.
Having a 4×6 photo printer in place, you must understand how to take care of this gadget. The care given ensures that you enjoy more comprehensive services offered by the printer. For the photocopier to function correctly, keep in mind the following simple measures.
- Turn off the photo printer when not in use. Be safe when working on your photo printer.
- Put your photo printer in the right place where it gets full bottom support.
- Keep clean your photo printer and avoid clogged ink nozzles.
- Use the right ink cartridges on your photo printer.
- Clean printer heads adequately.
- Use the right paper for your printer to avoid printer jam.
What is the Best 4×6 Photo Printer?
In the market today, we find various designs, sizes, colors of 4×6 photo printers. A photographer may decide to buy all one photo printer or otherwise, depending on the factors mentioned above.
The best types of 4×6 photo printers available today are:
Kodak 4×6 photo printer
With this photo printer, you get stunning 4×6 prints with the subtle touch of the button. Kodak 4×6 photo printer uses an accessible print technology to transfer your files from the android phone to the photo printer.
- One-touch printing. You print photos from your smartphones.
- High-quality photos. Your 4×6 photos get printed to detail with the D2T2 thermal transfer technology in place.
- Comes in 5 pins micro USB for Android & USB host for printing from digital camera
- Has a simultaneous charging system
- Comes with a companion app for filters, stickers, card templates, and collage maker
- Dimension; 14.00 x 19.00 22.00 inches
- Black in color
- Weighs 1.68 pounds
- Gives Quality Pictures
- Good quality prints
- Easy to operate and maintain
- Does not have a rechargeable power source
- Each stack of paper needs a new printer cartridge.
- Can only print pictures using the Kodak app on your phone
Other Best 4×6 Photo Printers Available Today Are:
Canon Pixma TS6220
This is another excellent 4×6 photo printer that much impresses your printing. This all in one photo printer inspires your creativity with quality prints.
The five-color individual ink system in this photo printer guarantees the quality and speed of your photographs.
- Comes with connectivity technology where you can use USB or Bluetooth
- Comes with wireless all in one wireless printer
- Has a scanner and mobile printing
- Weighs 13.50lbs
- Measures 8.5 x 14inch
- Dimensions; 14.70 x 12.50 x 5.50 inches
- Saves 10% on ink
- Measures ink levels
- No subscription fees
- Easy to use and maintain
- Delivers quality results every time
- High running costs
- No automatic document feeder
- Does not have NFC and Wi-Fi Direct
- No USB thumb
- No SD card support
Epson PictureMate PM-400
Thirdly, we have an Epson photographic printer for high-quality and long-lasting photos. Its ultra-compact design saves space, and you can use this printer wherever you are.
Get custom prints with auto photo selection from Epson PictureMate PM-400.
- Comes with a 2.7″ color display and an in-built card slot for preview purposes
- Weighs 4.0lb
- Has a storage dimension of 9.00” x 6.9” x 3.3”
- Has a printing dimension of 9.8” x 15.1” x 7.9”
- Measures 3.3 by 9.8 by 6.8 inches
- Light in weight, portable
- Printer saves space
- High-quality photos
- Gives water-resistant photos
- Prints in colors as well as black and white
- Prints from smartphones
- Gives long-lasting prints that last for up to 200 years without fading
- Easy to set up and print
- Small and light in weight
- Expensive to buy
- Relatively big and heavy
- Requires AC power, not wholly wireless
- Buttons and loud and look cheap
HP Tango Smart Wireless 4×6 Photo printer
Then there comes HP Tango Smart Wireless Photo Printer is one of the best professional photo printers.
The printer, regarded as the world’s first smart home printer, handles prints jobs everywhere. Whether you are at the coffee shop or a local beach, this printer does not disappoint you.
HP Tango Smart wireless photo printer comes with a modern design that composites well with the environment.
With this printer, you can print from virtually anywhere, at your comfort. What is unique with this photo printer is that it is voice-activated.
This printer is known to find corners and automatically straighten edges. It prints quality photos and gives a maximum duty cycle of 500 photos.
- Comes with dual-band Wi-Fi
- Weighs 6.79 lbs
- Measures 20.6” x 14.8” x 10.4”
- Comes in white color
- Is wireless ready
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Reliable wireless connectivity
- Easy to set up
- Orders ink when you’re running low
- Scan files from phones and shares to cloud and email
- Easy and reliable connectivity
- Keeps track of ink and paper levels
- Borderless prints are limited to 5-by-7-inch.
- Scans and copies only through a smartphone
- Gives single, small paper input
Epson Expression Photo XP-8600
Further, there is the Epson Expression Photo XP-8600 photo printer, among the best professional photo printers. With this 4×6 photo printer, the color flatbed has a line sensor to determine the color output.
The printing speed of this printer is of great value to you.
The printer prints in many colors to give you space for your taste and preference for the end product. The printer looks elegant yet classy, with its glossy cover in it.
The versatility of this photo printer allows for printing at home and away from home.
Epson Expression Photo XP8600 is one printer that gives you a wide choice of features to meet your photo printing value. The printer is ideal for you due to its high-quality photos that last up to 300 years in the archive.
- Weighs 14.8 lbs
- Measures 7.2” x 13.7”x 20.7”
- Available in black color
- Available in touchscreen, red-eye removal, photo enhance, wireless Pictbridge, and direct print from USB options
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Comes with built-in USB and card slots
- Has a large 4.3-inch touch screen
- Works with creative print app
- Has exceptional media support
- Has a voice-activated printing option
- Gives borderless photos up to 8 inches by 10 inches
- All in one function; printing, copying, and scanning
- The low noise level when at work
- Can use memory cards for printing
- Easy to set up and use
- Uses USB, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi Direct
- Prints from smart devices
- Compact design
- High-quality output
- Costly to buy
- Expensive printing costs
- Overly vivid auto-correction
If you are looking for convenience and quality photographic printing, look out for any printers mentioned earlier from the market.
They are available either online or locally. You can also subscribe to purchasing ink from the sellers’ websites and get it delivered at your doorstep. The best 4×6 photo printers are available by the click of a mouse.